Keynote: John A. Kitzhaber, M.D.
Former Governor of Oregon
As Senate President, he authored the groundbreaking Oregon Health Plan. Hundreds of thousands of low and moderate-income Oregon families and their children still have access to health care because of this work. During his third term as governor John was the chief architect of Oregon’s Coordinated Care Organizations, the first effort in the country created on a statewide basis to meet the Triple Aim—better health, better quality, lower cost—with a focus on community and population health.
In 2013 Modern Healthcare Magazine ranked John #2 on list of the “100 Most Influential People in Health Care;” and #1 on the list of the “50 Most Influential Physician Executives. In 2013, Governing Magazine named John “Public Official of the Year.”
South Eugene High School, 1965, B.S. Dartmouth College, 1969, M.D. University of Oregon, Medical School, 1973.
Emergency Physician, 1974-1988; Oregon State Representative, 1979-1981; Oregon State Senator, 1981-1993; Senate President, 1985-1993; Governor of Oregon, 1995-2003, 2011- 2015; President Estes Park Institute 2003-2010; Endowed Chair in Health Policy, The Foundation for Medical Excellence 2003-2010; Founder, The Archimedes Movement (Now We Can Do Better); Health Policy Consultant, 2016-present.
The 2017 conference provides your opportunity to:
- See what your GIS and Remote Sensing colleagues are up to
- Network with other GIS and Remote Sensing professionals from throughout Oregon and Washington
- Meet the "movers and shakers" in the Oregon and Washgington GIS and mapping community
- Earn "Contributions to the Profession" points for your GISP
- Earn Professional Development Hours for professional licenses or ASPRS Certification
Conference highlights include:
- Professional level workshops and training opportunities
- Exciting Keynote speakers
- Exuberant presentations
- A strong technical program addressing emerging technologies and current hot topics
- Fun social events
Portland State University’s (PSU) Hospitality Program operates a motel nearby the PSU campus called University Place. While our conference has not negotiated any special rates, it is a reasonably priced motel. The web site is http://www.uplacehotel.com/